FDA maintains a roster of investigators or analysts who have been recommended by district management to have demonstrated experience and special expertise in one or more of the following program areas:
▪ Bioresearch Monitoring
▪ Computer Software Development
▪ Drugs (Human and Veterinary)
▪ Food, Acidified Foods (AF) or Low-acid Canned Foods (LACF)
▪ Medical Devices
▪ Sterile products
▪ Very small business.
▪ The holding of food, except the holding of food in liquid storage tanks.
▪ The packing, re-packing, labeling or re-labeling of food where the container that directly contacts the food remains intact.
▪ Activities that fall within the definition of “farm”.
▪ Manufacturing, processing, packing, or holding of food for animals.
▪ Alcoholic beverages under certain conditions.
▪ On-farm manufacturing, processing, packing, or holding by a small or very small business of certain foods identified as having low-risk production practices. The exemption applies if such activities are the only activities conducted by the business subject to the rule. These foods include certain types of eggs, and certain types of game meats.