of our food products are issued among others by :
1. Skal Biocontrole (Netherlands / Worldwide)
2. Control Union Certifications - USDA/NOP (USA, Canada / Latin America / Worldwide)
3. Ecocert, SA (France / Worldwide)
4. Bio Suisse (Switzerland / Germany / Worldwide)
5. Kiwa NV (Sweden / Worldwide)
Organic cocoa is grown mostly in Bundibugyo, Mukono, Jinja, Kamuli, Buikwe, Masindi, Mayuge, Iganga and Kayunga districts of Uganda, on a small scale by coops whose members farm a combination of cocoa, coffee and papaya.
Uganda cocoa delivers chocolate with a dark flavor of brown sugar, toffee, coffee and a fully balanced citrus acidity. Soft cashew, raisin and a silkiness are the overall impression.
New opportunities lie in the growing demand for higher-quality dark chocolates, for which mainly fine flavor or organic cocoa beans are required. Dark chocolate sales increased significantly by 130%.
Private label chocolate accounts for a third of all new releases of chocolate products. Many private label initiatives are premium, higher-quality dark chocolates. The growing United Kingdom and United States demand is attributed to health benefits of chocolate with a higher cocoa content.